A Synagogue for Missoula: Building Jewish Community
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions or call Sherry Kolenda
We are working hard on our campaign to achieve full ownership of our marvelous building, which has become a worship center, a community gathering place, a school and a social hall. So much has happened in the ten years we have been here! Please consider giving any amount you can to help continue to make this possible.
Ways to Support (PDF)
Nine ways you can support the Capital Campaign
1. Set aside a portion of your family’s weekly tzedakah coins for the building fund.
3. Are you sometimes stumped when loved ones ask what you would like for your birthday or for Hanukkah? Consider suggesting that they make a donation to Har Shalom in your name.
4. Traditionally, many have chosen to make a contribution to their synagogue on the anniversary of the death of a loved one, in memory of a loved one, or in honor of someone who has given generously of their time and resources to the synagogue. If you would like to make a donation on such occasions, please consider dedicating them to Har Shalom’s Capital Campaign Fund.
5. Check with a tax advisor to see if you can make a donation out of your IRA without paying taxes on the distribution.
6. If you own stocks that have appreciated and wish to offer them as a donation to Har Shalom, you can receive a tax deduction for the current amount (rather than the original purchase amount). If you are interested in making such a donation, please consult a tax advisor first.
7. Host a “fund-raising house party.” Please contact Sherry Kolenda or Bert Chessin for more information.
8. Participate in the fundraising strategy known as Jewish Geography. If you know friends or family members outside of Missoula who might be willing to support the purchase of Western Montana’s first synagogue, contact Sherry Kolenda. Packets are ready-made and ready to go.
9. Write a check to Har Shalom, PO Box 3715, Missoula, MT, 59806.
Or make an online donation here: Make a Payment
If you use your credit card, please consider adding 2% to your donation to cover our credit card fees. Thank you so very much. Every donation, regardless of size, is very appreciated!